Want to take that fun backyard game of Cornhole to the next level? Come join Weatherford Parks & Recreation on Saturday, March 23rd for the Barnyard Cornhole and Cook-off Competition! Whether you want to just play for fun or competitively we’ve got you covered. There will be two divisions (social & advanced). So grab a partner and come on out!
Cornhole not your thing, but maybe cooking is? Are you better with tongs and fork than you are tossing a bean bag? Then come show off your skills at the Barnyard Cook-off!
Cash prizes awarded for the top three in each event!
CORNHOLE SCHEDULE (tentative)
11:00 AM - Open Boards
12:00 PM - Team Registration Begins
1:00 PM - Social Tournament Begins
2:30 PM - Advanced Tournament Begins
Friday, March 22nd
Teams may check in beginning at 12:00 PM
7:00 PM - Cooks Meeting (Head)
8:00 PM - All Ages Grilled Cheese
9:00 PM - Dessert
Saturday, March 23rd
10:00 AM - Bloody Mary
11:00 AM - Sanctioned Beans
12:00 PM - Chicken
1:00 PM - Ribs
2:00 PM - Cook’s Choice - (any dish with meat in it: could be anything from chili, stew, mom’s meatloaf or as simple as a fried bologna sandwich)
3:00 PM - Brisket
Event Sponsor - Outdoor Grill Sales
1. Grand Champion: Trophy & $600 Cash Prize
2. Reserve Champion: Trophy & $400 Cash Prize
3. 75% pay out for top 3 places: 3 Meats (Grand and Reserve Champion payout will not be deducted from the 3 meat categories), Grilled Cheese, Dessert, Bloody Mary, Beans & Cook’s Choice
4. Top 10 places: Will receive a ribbon or certificate
COOK-OFF RULES & REGULATION:
1. You do not have to be a member of the LONE STAR BARBECUE SOCIETY to enter this cook-off.
2. Mandatory (Head Cook) must attend 7:00 PM Friday, March 22nd
3. No electrical or water hookups – trailers/RVs must be self-contained.
4. Electric grills are not allowed. Heat source must come from wood or wood source. (pellet grills are allowed)
5. Contestants must furnish meat, pit, wood, sauce, etc. Only beans may be cooked on a gas grill.
6. Contest meats are not to be sampled by the general public or judges prior to judging.
7. All alcoholic beverages must be confined to the cook-off area. The Chief cook will be responsible for the cleanliness of their area and for the conduct of the team. Misconduct or violations of rules will disqualify team.
8. Rain or shine – NO REFUNDS (Deadline to submit an entry is 8:00 AM Saturday, March 23)