Requirements for Civilian Applicants
The Weatherford Police Department does not have specific requirements for civilian openings as long as the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as listed on the job posting.
Basic Requirements for Police Officer Applicants
- Be at least 21 years of age prior to employment.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Possess a valid Texas driver's license
- High School Diploma or GED.
- If discharged from the military the applicant must have honorable or general discharge with "honorable conditions."
- Possess 20/20 vision, either corrected or uncorrected in each eye. Must be free of dichromatic color blindness, night blindness and any other visual deficiencies or limitations.
- Possess hearing with less than a 30 decibel loss, either corrected or uncorrected in each ear.
- Pass a physical fitness evaluation with an average score of at least 75 percentage points. The fitness evaluation will be determined by the Chief of Police and posted on the vacancy announcement.
- Be declared in satisfactory psychological and emotional health by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist as prescribed by the Weatherford Police Department.
- Be declared in satisfactory physical health and free from drug dependency by a physician as prescribed by the Weatherford Police Department.
- Possess all qualifications required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) for licensing as a peace officer within 45 days of testing for a position with the Weatherford Police Department.