2017 Spring Blastball will begin registering on February 20th and continue through March 3rd.
Parks and Recreation offices are located in:
Old City Hall, 119 Palo Pinto St, Weatherford, TX 76086
8am-5pm Monday through Friday.
T-shirt and individual award is included.
Proof of residency is required with a Driver's License AND a City of Weatherford Utility Bill with identical address.
Blastball is dependent on volunteer coaches (no experience necessary). If you would be interested in coaching your child's, grandchild's, neighbor's, etc's.
Coaches meeting will take place on Wednesday March 8th at 6:30 pm at Cherry Park.
How to Sign Up
- Fill out the Registration Form
- You may email your form, fax it to 817-598-4354, or bring it to our office at 119 Palo Pinto St, Weatherford, TX 76086
- After we get your form you can either:
-Come to our office and pay with cash, check or credit (we take all cards except for American Express)
-OR pay over the phone with a credit card - Resident Discount doesn't apply if payment is taken over the phone
- In order to get the resident discount you must come to our office and provide a valid Driver's License AND a City of Weatherford Utility Bill with identical address
Basic RulesBlastball is an introductory t-ball for 3 and 4 year olds.
- Coed Teams
- Must be 3 years of age by the start date (September 10th), and at no time can a participant be 5 years old
- 30 minute games
- Teams hit entire line-up each inning
- Batter is allowed four tries to hit ball, fifth try may be assisted
- Ball hit to infield, runner(s) advance one base
- Ball hit to outfield, runner(s) advance two bases
- Players play different positions each inning
- Bases will "honk" on contact
- Teach fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding while emphasizing the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship
- No score keeping
Saturday games beginning September 10th on the Ballfields at Cartwright Park (may vary depending on availabilty / field conditions).
Teams will have one game and one available practice time slot per week.